How We Support the Community
Banking is our business – community is our passion.
Our customers are helping us make a real difference to our local community, simply by banking with us!
Allowing us the opportunity to support an array of local not-for-profit organisations and charities within our community.
Since 2003 the Turramurra and Lindfield Community Bank® Branches of Bendigo Bank have given back in excess of $2.2 million to local not-for-profit charities and organisations that benefit our local community.
We are dedicated to making sure the partnership between customers, local businesses and our community continues to strengthen year by year.
Here are just some of the many ways we have given back to our community:
- In 2018/2019 we launched our Ku-ring-gai Edition of Monopoly project which raised in excess of $84,000 which was distributed between four major beneficiaries (St Lucy’s School, Hornsby Kur-ring-gai Women’s Shelter, Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury and KYDS Youth Development Services) and 11 local charitable organisations.
- Together with the community we raised $200,000 to outfit the new RFS /SES headquarters for the Ku-ring-gai SES and RFS under out Hero HQ campaign.
- Partnered with Turramurra High School on the ‘Inside Out Project’ – the creation of an innovative and inspirational outdoor learning environment. We provided an introduction to the Men’s Shed who built all the outdoor seating, provided 50% of the seed costs and raised $22,000 with our paver fundraiser.
- Foundation sponsor of the Turramurra Community Lookout Garden.
- Provided a ute to the Ku-ring-gai Community Workshop (Men’s Shed).
- Longstanding financial sponsor to many of Ku-ring-gai’s sporting clubs.
- In excess of $385,000 in grants provided to local community groups, charities and not-for-profit organisations under our Community Grant Program.
- More that 200 community organisations supported since opening in 2003.
If your community based organisation is seeking sponsorship from The Turramurra and Lindfield Community bank – please click through to our Sponsorship Application form. Sponsorship applications can be submitted online and will be reviewed by our Community Engagement Committee on a bi-monthly basis. Applications need to be submitted by the second Monday in February, April, June, August and October to be reviewed in that month.